Education and outreach is central to the the National Gallery’s mission and a vital part of connecting NGCI with all of its members and stakeholders. Whether one-off workshops by local and international artists or through our regular educational programmes schedule, we strive to offer a diverse selection of topics to reach all interests and skill levels.
The National Gallery’s Education Department is committed to:
- offering an accessible, inclusive education and outreach programme schedule monthly across all three Cayman Islands
- promoting an understanding of Caymanian arts and culture in an accessible and intellectually stimulating environment;
- bringing art education and therapy to at-risk members of our community to assist with rehabilitation;
- developing the Gallery’s position as an indispensable educational resource for the community;
- providing informative educational materials that support our unique exhibitions and collections;
- featuring various child friendly environments that are entertaining as well as educational; and
- maintaining our position locally as a vital and energetic cultural gathering place.